Senior Software Engineer: Ruby on Rails
Looking for a job at the Intersection of Big Data, Social Media and Finance?
Contix, a leading provider of social media sourced breaking news alerts and analytics for traders, is hiring a full-time Senior Rails Developer for its Honolulu or St. Louis (MO) office.
The position of Senior Rails Developer entails software architecture, implementation, development of best operational practices, testing and documentation of non-trivial systems with massive scalability requirements. As a startup we are looking for motivated individuals who do not require step-by-step directions and can work cohesively with our team.
Successful applicants will have a proven track record with non-trivial Ruby on Rails projects, understand web client frameworks such as React.js, be comfortable with agile development methodologies and have a solid grounding in OO software architecture / design patterns. Our interviews are rigorous, so only serious developers with the requisite skills need apply.
We provide a competitive startup compensation package with a generous equity component.
Send resumes, your GitHub repo and a brief paragraph describing why this position appeals to you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A solid grounding in OO software architecture / design patterns
- Experience designing and implementing successful non-trivial enterprise Ruby on Rails projects
- Experience with web client frameworks such as React.js
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Deep knowledge of the Rails tech stack
- Firm grasp of data modeling
- A passion for software development
Nice to Haves
- Java or Groovy experience
- Expertise in search technologies
- Social media analytics
- Experience in the finance industry
Why work for Contix?
- Work at a fast paced startup on the cutting edge of big data and social media
- Opportunities for rapid promotion and advancement within the organization for the right candidate
- Work with a driven, talented team of software developers that aims to create a truly disruptive technology platform for the finance industry
- Solving a huge and very valuable problem that will have a large-scale impact on finance and other markets
Notes: Unfortunately we currently cannot sponsor visas. We aren’t accepting resumes from recruiters for this position. We are looking for core team members in Honolulu. We aren’t looking for remote developers at this time.
Contix, a leader in the social media analytics for finance space, finds differentiated news for traders by analyzing over half a billion social and traditional media posts per day and sending real-time alerts containing the earliest mentions of breaking financial news events via web, native desktop and mobile applications. We utilize proprietary technology to identify breaking news events relevant to financial markets before other news sources and determine if they are likely to be reputable.